High Pressure System - Avalanche Conditions Report #6
We are back with Backcountry Skiing Canada to deliver you our 6th Avalanche Condition Report of the Season. Here are some key highlights to be aware of:
- We are in a period of high pressure, which means sunny skies and cool temperatures.
- This high pressure system has created surface hoar which will be a layer to keep an eye on as it gets buried.
- The main avalanche problem we are keeping an eye on is a wind slab problem in the isolated treeline and alpine features.
- Avalanche Canada is calling the hazard moderate in the alpine.
- This is a good time to think about getting some of those backcountry objectives done as the avalanche hazard is lower and we have good visibility.
- Looks like we might get 3-5cm Sunday night and potentially another little storm Tuesday. #PrayforPow
Enjoy the sunshine, and as always play safe out there!