It's Spicy out there! - Avalanche Conditions Report #7
We are back with Dave and Backcountry Skiing Canada to deliver you our 7th Avalanche Condition Report of the Season. Here are some key highlights to be aware of:
- 20cm overnight brings recent storm totals to 34cm.
- This has created a touchy storm slab that sits on a large surface hoar layer (Jan 24 SH.)
- 10cm below this surface hoar is a melt-freeze crust. These two layers are remarkably similar to our December 8 crust and December 13 surface hoar layer earlier this season. Be extremely cautious of this problem.
- We have triggered size 1-2 avalanches with ski cutting.
- 5-10cm in the forecast tonight. Another storm coming Sunday.
Thanks to all the public for abiding by our new policies and protocols and keeping our mountain and season safe and as always play safe out there!