Buri+ed: Mountain Rescue Skills
In partnership with Mountain Med Consulting
BURI+ED: Build Ultimate Rescue Intuition with Educated Decisions
The goal of every backcountry trip is to return home safely. But what if something goes wrong?
We've teamed up with Mountain Med Consulting to offer you this NEW course covering Wilderness First Aid and Avalanche Rescue Skills to get you prepared for your backcountry trips this winter.
This course is for those with some experience in the backcountry, looking to upgrade their skills. You will be learning lots, and learning lots fast!
Certificates will receive:
- Wilderness First Aid 16 Hour
- CPR - A
- Avalanche Canada Companion Rescue Skills
In this 2.5 day course you will learn: wilderness first aid skills to help treat injuries that may occur in the backcountry; the latest techniques on how to respond to a backcountry avalanche, and put it all to practice!
After an introduction to general medical concepts and covering basic life support skills from Mountain Med Consulting, you will work on your transceiver searching skills, learn advanced probing and shovelling techniques and how to deal with complex rescue emergencies from Whitewater’s Snow Safety personnel. At the end of the course you will have the opportunity to practice scenarios to the full extent, making sure you feel prepared to respond in the event of an accident.
Wilderness First Aid is the best and most comprehensive course of its kind to offer relevant and realistic first-aid training for seasonal outdoor activities or short-term wilderness endeavours and pursuits. It is targeted at the outdoor enthusiast on day trips or short adventures. The course is taught by professional instructors with significant patient care and backcountry experience.
What experience is required?
Have you been exploring for a while and want to upgrade your skills?
The only requirement here is that you’ve completed an AST1 course!
A reasonable level of fitness is required and you should be comfortable being outdoors in cold weather all day.
|Riding Ability||An intermediate to advanced riding ability is required|
- Coming soon
Pre course reading - approx 2 hours
Friday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm Downtown Nelson
Saturday & Sunday: 8:30am - 4:00pm at the resort.
- This courses require a minimum of 8 participants to proceed. If a course has fewer than 8 participants it may not run and those scheduled to take the course will have the choice of a full refund or to be scheduled in a later date (if available).
- Cancelations must be made 48hrs prior to the start of the course. A $25 admin fee will be applied to cancelations.
- All particiants in Avalanche Skills Training courses must complete a student realease on the first day of the course. This can be viewed below.
Price: $399 + GST
Click to view the AST Student Release Online Click to view the Whitewater Backcountry Access Waiver Online
- To book, call 250.352.1286 or email email@example.com
- Lift tickets are included in program prices unless otherwise stated
- Program availability and lesson formats are subject to change
- Lessons must be paid in full at the time of booking
- A $25 refund fee will be applied to all cancellations after the time of booking
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to the lesson start time are eligible to be rebooked or refunded minus the refund fee
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the lesson start time that cannot be rescheduled are not refundable
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows
- Taxes are not included in the advertised price and all lessons are subject to 5% GST