The goal of every backcountry trip is to return home safely. But what if something goes wrong?
We've teamed up with Mountain Med Consulting to offer you this NEW course covering Wilderness First Aid and Avalanche Resuce Skills to get you prepared for your backcountry trips this winter.
Certificates will receive:
- Wilderness First Aid 16 Hour
- CPR - A
- Companion Resuce Skills
In this 2.5 day course you will learn: wilderness first aid skills to help treat injuries that may occur in the backcountry; the latest techniques on how to respond to a backcountry avalanche, and have the opportunity to put it all together in practice scenarios.
After an introduction to general medical concepts and covering basic life support skills, you will work on your transceiver searching skills, learn advanced probing and shovelling techniques and how to deal with complex rescue emergencies from Whitewater’s Snow Safety personnel.
WFA is the best and most comprehensive course of its kind to offer relevant and realistic first-aid training for seasonal outdoor activities or short-term wilderness endeavours and pursuits. It is targeted at the outdoor enthusiast on day trips or short adventures. The course is taught by professional instructors with significant patient care and backcountry experience.
What experience is required?
None! Touring is not required for this course.
The only requirement here is that you’ve completed an AST1 course!
An average level of fitness is required.
|Riding Ability||Any riding ability is welcome.|
- December 16 - 18 2022
Friday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm Downtown Nelson
Saturday & Sunday: 8:30am - 4:00pm at the resort.
- This courses require a minimum of 8 participants to proceed. If a course has fewer than 8 participants it may not run and those scheduled to take the course will have the choice of a full refund or to be scheduled in a later date (if available).
- Cancelations must be made 48hrs prior to the start of the course. A $25 admin fee will be applied to cancelations.
Price: $399 + GST
Bookings open August 2022
- To book, call 250.352.1286 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lift tickets are included in program prices unless otherwise stated
- Program availability and lesson formats are subject to change
- Lessons must be paid in full at the time of booking
- A $25 refund fee will be applied to all cancellations after the time of booking.
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to the lesson start time are eligible to be rebooked or refunded minus the refund fee.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the lesson start time that cannot be rescheduled are not refundable.
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows
- Taxes are not included in the advertised price and all lessons are subject to 5% GST