Companion Rescue Skills & AST 1 Refresher
Refresh your backcountry knowledge and put your skills to the test
The goal of every backcountry trip is to avoid being caught in an avalanche. But are you prepared if it does happen?
In this one-day course you will re-cap key learables from your AST 1 and delve deeper into Companion Rescue Skills. You will learn the latest techniques on how to respond to a backcountry avalanche: step up your transceiver searching skills, learn advanced probing and shovelling techniques and how to deal with complex rescue emergencies from Whitewater’s Snow Safety personnel.
Don’t get caught out - Sharpen your skills and be self-reliant with the Companion Rescue Skills course.
What experience is required?
None! Touring is not required for this course.
The only requirement here is that you’ve completed an AST1 course!
An average level of fitness is required.
|Riding Ability||Any riding ability is welcome.|
- December 22, 2022
Course runs from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm at the resort.
- Companion Rescue courses require a minimum of 4 participants to proceed. If a course has fewer than 4 participants it will not run and those scheduled to take the course will have the choice of a full refund or to be scheduled in a later date (if available).
- Cancelations must be made outside 48hrs from the course start time. A $25 admin fee will be applied to cancelations.
- All participants in Avalanche Skills Training courses must complete a student release on the first day of the course. This can be viewed below.
Price: $145 + GST
Click to view the AST Student Release Online Click to view the Whitewater Backcountry Access Waiver Online
- To book, call 250.352.1286 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lift tickets are included in program prices unless otherwise stated
- Program availability and lesson formats are subject to change
- Lessons must be paid in full at the time of booking
- A $25 refund fee will be applied to all cancellations after the time of booking
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to the lesson start time are eligible to be rebooked or refunded minus the refund fee
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the lesson start time that cannot be rescheduled are not refundable
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows
- Taxes are not included in the advertised price and all lessons are subject to 5% GST