Tomorrow is opening day! Grab your mask, season pass, make your lodge reservation, and head on up - there will be limited terrain open but the Silver King Lift, Summit Lift, and Hummer Handle Tow will be running. Please review our COVID-19 information on our website to familiarize yourself with our new policies prior to arrival.
Some things to note are:
- Our snowpack is setting up similar to last season with some early season crust.
- There is a November 5th crust and a November 18th crust which are both at the bottom of the snowpack and separated by some nasty facets.
- Our snowpack is caped with a 1cm thick crust buried on Dec 8th that will make the initiation of an avalanche unlikely.
- This crust is supportive and has 10cm of soft snow on top of it which is making for some good skiing.
- Avalanche Canada is calling the hazard moderate in the alpine.
- Early season conditions are present.
It looks like a storm will be rolling through the area on Sunday and could produce up to 10cm!