The Whitewater Freeride Teams is a progressive training program for athletes aged 8 – 18 years. There are competitive and pre-competitive programs that give athletes the opportunity to learn new freeride skills in a fun and supportive environment. Freeride Coaches will teach athletes how to navigate the great freeriding terrain found at Whitewater.
In order to qualify for the teams, athletes must be capable of skiing parallel on all single black diamond terrain at Whitewater. As this program focuses on developing freeriding skills, the majority of the time athletes will be skiing on ungroomed terrain, primarily in steep and treed areas. This corresponds to the snow school's ability chart of level 5. If your child is not ready or willing to be in these areas, regardless of conditions, then these are not the right programs.
Ability Level: 5+ (See Level Descriptions)
Times: Saturday (Competitive team only ) or Sunday at 9:30am - 2:30pm
Duration: Five hours every Saturday or Sunday for 12 weeks
Freeride Team (Ages 10-18)
The Whitewater Freeride Team is an advanced-level training program and pre-competitive skiing program for athletes aged 10-18. The program consists of 12 weeks of training from mid-December through March. Training is held 1 day per week on Sundays. Season passes for Whitewater are not included. This program runs from Sunday, December 19th - Sunday, March 6th.
|Freeride Co-Ed Team||9:30am - 2:30pm||RATES COMING IN FALL|
|Freeride Female Team||9:30am - 2:30pm|
Competitive Team (Ages 10 - 18)
The Competitive Team is an elite-level competitive skiing program designed for our rising ski star athletes, giving them the accelerated training they need to pursue the highest levels of performance. To qualify for this team, all athletes MUST be invited by the head coaches. Therefore all new athletes coming to the Freeride program must register for the Freeride Coed or Freeride Female program. Exceptions may be made in some circumstances after consultation with the head coaches.
The program consists of 13 weeks of training on SATURDAYS from mid-December through March. Training is held 1 day per week. Included in the tuition fee is event coaching for 3 national and 2 regional competitions, and registration for the Avalanche Skills Training Level 1 course, as well as regular-season training. Details about the team and events will be released in December. Season passes for Whitewater, International Freeski Association membership, and associated travel expenses for away trips are not included. This is an invitation-only program.
|Competitive Team (Invitation Only) Saturday||9:30am - 2:30pm|
Snowboard Team (Ages 8-18)
The Whitewater Freeride Snowboard Team is an advanced level pre-competitive snowboarding program for athletes aged 8-18 designed to progress athletes riding in various conditions and terrain. The program consists of 12 weeks of training on SUNDAYS from mid-December through March. Training is held 1 day per week. Season passes for Whitewater are not included.
|Snowboard Team||9:30am - 2:30pm|
- To book, call 250.352.1286 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All lesson guests must have a valid season pass or daily lift ticket. Lift tickets are not included in program prices unless otherwise stated
- Program availability and lesson formats are subject to change
- Lessons must be paid in full at the time of booking
- A $25 refund fee will be applied to all cancellations after the time of booking.
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to the lesson start time are eligible to be rebooked or refunded minus the refund fee.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the lesson start time that cannot be rescheduled are not refundable.
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows
- Taxes are not included in the advertised price and all lessons are subject to 5% GST